Tuesday, March 22, 2011

Birth

Been working through the NEO CONS record layout for the past month or so, and I'm happy to report that it's finally complete and in my hands. Some things I have learned:

1) Expressing a concept through images is really challenging, especially for someone like me who deals in words. But it can also be a rewarding exercise because it forces you to relinquish control over language and replace it with something that speaks for itself.

2) Embrace the process! Not just the result.

3) I'm surrounded by some infinitely creative people who helped me work these ideas out, both in my head and on paper. THANKS


1 comment:

a new animal said...

imagery is so tricky, especially when you start veering into symbolism, voluntarily or not. what subjectively feels like a thought passage can so easily, objectively, turn into so much more and even so much less when you mold it down a symbol/image (...i'm saying that this creative outcome is wild and not manageable AND THAT'S OKAY). but you knew where you wanted to go in your mind/heart and the beautiful (and scary, in a positive way) thing is that you did it and you. learned. so. much.