Wednesday, October 6, 2010

Beatniks

Still can't believe I saw the Clean in SF the other night. After the whole one-NYC-show-ever-so-rarely situation of the last few years, I had essentially given up any expectation of seeing my favorite roadtrip/driving band. Next thing you know I'm watching these three goofy Kiwis blurting out Don't Point That Thing At Me and a rack of other hits. Hell, they even finished with Tally Ho, something that seemed entirely too obvious to even consider including in the setlist. So yeah, I'm a lucky duck, although now that I want to revisit the damn Beatniks video, its nowhere to be found.

While searching for it, I came across this cool documentary focusing on the Enemy and the scene they jumpstarted in Dunedin, New Zealand. Truly fascinating stuff from a place almost entirely isolated from the rest of the world. Here's part one and part two.



No comments: